[rollei_list] Re: Das Rolleiflex-Buch

  • From: John Jensen <jwjensen356@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

What I have is 'The Golden Book of the Rolleiflex', '4th-7th Thousand', by 'Dr.
Walther Heering Verlag, Harzburg 1936'.  This is in English.

It is not a technical book, but rather a book of photos taken by the
Rolleiflex.  There are several pages of text about "The World-wide Success of
the Rolleiflex" and four pages of photos from the Franke & Heidecke factory,
The first photo shows the front of the factory flying two of the NS German
flags. Interestingly, the front of the factory shows "Franke & Heidecke" and
"Rolleiflex, Heidoscop, Rolleidoscop" as lettering on the wall.  The
description below  describes the factory as being 385 ft. x 62 ft. with 450
people.  The text reads that 200,000 cameras have been sent to "all parts of
the world".

To me, 1936 is of particular interest because it is my birth year.

John