[rollei_list] Camera swap meet new space Portland today

  • From: Mark Kronquist <mak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:04:13 -0700

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2015, at 4:05 AM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/21458253114/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/22057674462/in/dateposted-public/

A cloudy day:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/22017339755/in/dateposted-public/

Perhaps you'll see at the image biggest size that the subject lower part is
Out of Focus slightly, except for the lens ring. It happens because the
focus was made on the lens ring, the lens tilting (or Scheimpflug
principle)kept in focus the subject upper part, but the DOF increasing did
not reach the lower part:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/22006956366/in/dateposted-public/

The Rolleiflex SL66 is a versatile, robust and very well built MF SLR
camera. It has almost nothing to do with the first 1955 SLR prototype (a
project Rollei erroneously aborted after the Viktor Hasselblad - R Heidecke
meeting in Sweden) , however it kept one of the Reinhold Heidecke main
instructions to develop a Rolleiflex SLR camera: a familiar handling for
the TLR camera user. This way you focus with your left hand from a focusing
knob in the camera body, you advance the film with a crank on the right,
you release the shutter using the right hand and the film advances to the
first exposure automatically, you needn't to align it with arrows or to use
a film window for the purpose. Shutter speeds are selected via a dial in
the camera body too. In other words, most functions are in the camera body,
you only choose the f stops from the lens, except for two special lenses
like my Distagon 4/80 and the Tele 150mm with a secondary central Compur
shutter for flash sync at any f stop.
The lens tilting capability was unique for a SLR MF camera at the time
(1966).

This image was taken last week with the SL66 and T-Max 100 film, developed
with Romek PQ7 (Phenidone) 1+3:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/21739596700/in/dateposted-public/

Carlos

PS:I sent the V. Bergheil for a complete CLA, I think it's worth.