[rollei_list] Re: Bay I to Series VI adaptor

  • From: Choiliefan@xxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:44:13 EDT

Rob,
I have a Tiffen bay 1 to series V adapter with part number 522  which is
very well made.
Ednalite and Tiffen offered all manner of adapters with model numbers
rather than sizing them for easy identification the way Kodak did.
I imagine you could use a step-up adapter to make it a series VI if that is
 your desire or cobble something using a bay filter ring, the right Series
VI  adapter and some epoxy.
I recently made a lens hood for a Leica lens using a clamp type filter ring
 and a plastic vitamin bottle.  Lined the inside with black felt and it
does  the job.  The Leica filter ring came from KEH in bargain or ugly
condition  for around $2.  Keep it under your hat but KEH is a wonderful
resource
for old and odd photographic schmedna and the stuff is usually priced  right.
Health, Peace
Lance
Selma, NC 27576

In a message dated 8/7/2009 6:00:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've  never seen a Bay I to Series VI adaptor on eBay.  I have seen Bay
II to Series VI.  Does anyone know if a Bay I to Series VI  exists?
Thanks

Rob
---
Rollei  List