[rollei_list] Re: B&W Panorama with the Rolleiflex 2,8C

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 11:43:34 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Carlos,Sadly, Fickr is now insisting that I sign in before showing your
photo's
All the best
Laurence Cuffe
Sent from QCloud

On Jan 08, 2015, at 09:30 AM, CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Last Sunday we visited a site called "Club del Río" (River's Club), close to the
San Ignacio town (the town with XVIIth century Jesuitic missions ruins; you can see them in
my Flickr gallery) 60 km from my city, using the fluvial way. My first idea was to carry the
2.8C for B&W shots and the 3,5F for color shots, but it would required an additional bag,
too bulky; I finally carried the 2,8C only, using a TMax 400 in the morning and for a few
hours after the noon and a Portra 400 color negative in the afternoon (I also had a Lumix LX7
with Leica lens, but it's a different story...)

I had thought a color pano using the morning light, but we arrived almost at
noon and the light was gone. I needed to finish the TMax 400 to load the Portra
400 and took these three frames from the opposite side regarding my original
idea, I used a light tripod and the Rolleifix. The stitched pano (PS Elements
Photomerge) has trees and geometric forms in the foreground, very close to the
camera (f22), however I think the image looks natural because the rotation axis
was about the lens exit pupil distance.
The TMax 400 was developed with Romek PQ 7 developer (Phenidone)

I uploaded the image largest size allowed in Flickr: 2048 pixels for the
longest side:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/15604104704/