[rollei_list] Agfapan APX400S

  • From: Neil Purling <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:18 +0100

Does anyone know what the qualities of fresh Agfapan 400 was like in comparison to competitors like HP5 & Tri X? I have unearthed a bulk loader with a long roll of (35mm) Agfapan 400S. I don't know if the film has spoiled yet. I have souped it in D76 stock for 10 min @ 20C. I have Foma 400 to compare it with.

I haven't used Tri-X for 20 yrs.

I know this is nothing to do with 120 roll or Rollei cameras. I think I have over 30metres of this stuff, it was a longer load than normal as it is polyester base. If it is now garbage it goes in the bin, but I also do not want to throw away something that still may be good. I don't know how the Agfapan 400 ages and what this does to the contrast.