[rollei_list] Advice sought

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:29:15 -0500

I plan to sell my 3.5F/Rolleimarin IV system. There are both topside and U/W accessories and the equipment is in good shape, well cared-for and it's been a nice system for me, but since moving back to Oklahoma (where I first started diving in about 1948 (Including U/W photography) I have stopped diving and also do no U/W photography.

I have reached the age where traveling to good diving spots is beyond my interest and budget.

Any suggestions on where to best sell the overall system and what prices might be appropriate would be appreciated. As you all know (I assume) the Rolleimarin was the Cadillac of MF TLR housings but not really appreciated by non-Rollei users.

I recently saw just a Rolleinar 3 for the Rolleimarin listed for $150 alone. I don't think it ever sold because the price is out of any reasonable range. (I have one with my system, by the way). The seller (a dealer of some sort) put out a feeler to buy my entire system but I never followed up because I had no idea about what price to quote.MF

Thanks,

DAW