[rollei_list] Re: About the 2.8 GX/FX and pre-1981 2.8F

  • From: bigler@xxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:03:48 +0200 (CEST)

There is one interesting feature that Gérard Métrot, a skilled
parisian Rollei expert (Photo Suffren) told me. The threads and
critical spacings to mount the lens on a pre-1981 2.8F camera perfecty
match the modern FX dimensions. In other words, if you get a classical
2.8F with a perfect body & mechanism but a definitely ruined lens, you
can swap it for a new 2.8FX planar. The camera has setting screws to
perfectly accommodate small differences in focal lengths and
registration.

My understanding is that critical dimensions of a #0 synchro-compur
shutter as used in the classical pre-1981 Rollei 2.8 TLR are identical
the #0 copal and the #0 seiko exactly like for a view camera
shutter... since the Japanese shuttters, to the best of my knowledge,
although not at all identical internally to the Rollei 2.8 TLR #0
synchro compur shutter, feature perfectly interchangeable dimensions
for placing the iris and mounting lens elements (thread and
front/back spacing).

--
Emmanuel BIGLER
<bigler@xxxxxxxx>