[rollei_list] Re: AIRPLANE!

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 01:18:24 -0500

> There was a great scene about half-way through
> the movie.  A bunch of reporters come in to
> interview Robert Stack at the Tower.  Afterwards,
> the oldest reporter says, "okay, boys, let's take
> some pictures!"   So, they take down all of the framed photos on the walls.

Last year or a year before a well printed well done coffee table book came
out on Hollywood types who did photography fairly seriously or well.
Some were really pretty good.
Robert Stack's work made Ansel Adams look like a bleeding dilettante...
But by far the best photographer of  the movie stars in Hollywood was Gypsy
Rose Lee. I sit at her feet. And try not to look up.
They need to make a new Musical Gypsy part II the beginning; Gypsy  gets a
camera.  The women had an eye.

Also Yul Brenner and Sammy Davis Jr. never stopped clicking their shutters.
They shot everything and everybody. All the time. You're bound to get some
good ones out of all that.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner