[rollei_list] Re: ADMIN: NO BINARIES!

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:19:33 -0700

I hope that Marc does not mind if I speak for him. It's not so much the few
dial-up accounts that belong to the list, it is more about those folks who
subscribe via the 'digest'. Digest formatting software, running on the server,
has some difficulty dealing with embedded images. The occasional image now and
again will probably work OK, but if the policy allowed anyone and everyone to
post embedded images in their email responses, the digest system would be
'hosed'!

Jim

Jim Brick
Sunnyvale, CA