[rollei_list] 35SE Film Counter

  • From: Stewart Skelt <sgskelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rollei List <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:00:25 +1100

Hi,

I am new to this group and therefore don't know if this subject comes up
regularly.

I have recently bought a Rollei 35SE/Sonnar. Everything seems to work
fine except the film counter on the underside. Looking at the inside of
the baseplate I can see toothed wheel with which I can turn the counter
easily with a finger. Looking at the underside of film chamber I can a
little toothed thing sticking down which looks like its purpose is to
engage with this wheel to advance the counter. There is also a metal
prong which looks as if it is a ratchet to stop the counter rewinding
until the back is removed. Cranking the film advance lever (without a
film in it) does not seem to make the toothed thing move at all.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

thanks

Stewart