[rollei_list] Re: 3,5F and Fuji Provia slide film

  • From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 04:41:10 -0400

Dear Carlos,
You are fortunate to be so close to Iguazu Falls. Stunning pictures! However, your Fuji Provia F may be showing its age a bit, perhaps aggravated by a slight underexposure(?).

Color and composition-wise I like the Lumix LX7 shot best but, interestingly, the framing would have been perfect if it had been in the square format giving more room to the waterfalls at the top.

I imagine what one could do at Iguazu with a Rollei SL66 and the 50 and maybe 40mm Distagons - or a Rolleiwide!

Sorry, your access to slide film is getting harder in Argentina. Not too much of a problem here in Germany yet, although the choices are narrowing. I hope at least 120 B&W film will stay around for a long time and the "retro trend" of shooting with folders, Hasselblads and Rolleis keeps going and photography classes still teach classic analog photography to keep the medium alive.

Keep shooting. How about a "Rollei Meeting" here in Germany or in Argentina one of these years?
Jan

Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 3,5F and Fuji Provia slide film
From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>

This one was taken with the Lunix LX7 and Leica lens
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/16741215191/