[rollei_list] 2.8F models...the 3.5/75 six elements (again), the answer from Prochnow

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:27:50 +0000 (GMT)

This is the complete answer that I obtained from Mr.
Prochnow almost two years ago, I found this message in
the Digistar Rollei files, I only add that the page
16-376 referred by Prochnow has the same text
regarding the text quoted by Peter yesterday from the
75th anniversary book, and then for this message
Prochnow explains his words meaning exactly:

"From: Carlos Manuel Freaza (cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 17:44:54 EST

I received Report 2 last week, new corrected edition
2001, then I asked Prochnow some questions, here
answers and questions:

" Dear Mr. Freaza.
To your questions:
1. Perhaps ir is a Rolleiflex E3 or a F with a taken
out meter.
2. See page 16-376 first paragraph. The lens could be
manufactured more
easily and more cheaply with a lens more at constant
quality.
3. It is true.
4. Thank you very much.
Regards