[rollei_list] Re: 2,8F Planar, Rolleinar 1 and Plate adapter

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 19:25:51 -0700

I have a Mamiya TLR and think its a pretty good camera. Also Mamiya lenses are excellent. Now since we are discussing other kinds of Rollieflex cameras a favorite of mine for portrait work is my Super-D Graflex 4x5 with a 6x7 roll film adaptor on it. Normal focal length for this size is about 100mm. The Graflex has a 190mm lens on it which is about right for portrait perspective. Big, heavy camera but fits the hands well. Of course a 6x6 Rollei of any sort beats the pants off it for ease of use and convenience. As far as perspective goes you must back away from the subject a little. Shooting 6x6 pretend you have a finder mask from a Rolleikin (or actually use the mask) some film is wasted but you avoid the "distortions" of being too close. Of course, we are all used to those these days of cell phone cameras.

On 4/17/2018 5:25 AM, Javier Herraiz wrote:

Yes, I know. In fact, I have a Mamiya 330S TLR. I don't want to raise any controversy, but I think that the best Rolleiflex for portraits is a Mamiya TLR with a 180mm lens.
Regards,
Javier

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Online, searchable archives are available at