[rollei_list] Re: 2.8D question

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:18:13 -0500

There is some dispute whether all 2.8 Ds can have the EVS decoupled
without contrant finger pressure... check to make sure yours can. The
other consideration is that the C is the only 2.8 Rollei with a
rounder, more complex iris...

On the other hand, the D's newer EVS shutter can be set to 1/500th
after the shutter is cocked...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 1/4/07, Joe B <joe-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a 2.8 Rollei again, was considering a 2.8C, and
have seen a 2.8D with Planar listed. I have no experience of these and
don't really know anything about them- I don't recall even seeing others
mention this model.

I've read up about them in the few books I have (not described in any
depth) and it seems like it would be fine- as far as I'm aware. One
thing that would be a problem for me is EVS coupling that can't be
undone, but on this I believe it can be. Seems to be a reasonable
alternative to a C, maybe even preferable due to metal being used
instead of plastic in a couple of places. Does anyone have any
experience of using a 2.8D? Is there anything in particular I ought to
know about- any particular pluses or minuses- any peculiarities or
desirable characteristics- or any problems I should be looking out for
when examining one of these? Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks for any info,

Joe B.