[rodgersorgan] Re: Why is the soft 16' Pedal Stop borrowed fromthe Swell?

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:10:27 -0500

"Pardon my verbiage, but is there anyone out there with similar
 > experiences, or ideas that would expand the choir accompaniment voices?"

I have been experimenting the last few weeks with SOL, the Sound Organ
Library created by Hector Olivera.

Having heard his show this on a very small Rodgers two years ago, I was
very impressed at its ability to add stops, but even more so to enhance
ensembles.

Do not be dismayed when listening to individual sounds designed to be
added to ensembles, such as mixtures. Remember that these voices are
designed to add color, and may themselves lack the body of normal organ
stops.  They provide spice and color.

I have always been fond of using the septieme with mixtures prior to
adding reeds in French registrations.

I heartily endorse visiting your Rodgers dealer for a demonstration and
trial run of the SOL stop system for your organ, which runs on the PR-300S.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

*
Frog Music Press Introduces two new books:
Hymn Tune and Classical Duets for Organ and Piano (or PR-300)
----