[rodgersorgan] Re: Where's the mail?

  • From: Doug Brickett <dbrickett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 07:24:06 -0600

ABSOLUTELY!  As an organist in a Southern Baptist church, I look=20
forward to hymns like that.  Some of the choruses we sing (yes, we use=20=

organ on the choruses, too, along with piano, synth, and sometimes=20
drums) also work well with the "oom pah" technique.  Since we've got a=20=

couple of really good pianists, I sometimes let the organ be background=20=

while they're having fun in the foreground.  I've never been one to=20
limit my praise of God to "regular churchy sounds" even though I'm=20
using a 25-year-old Allen.

Doug Brickett

On Sunday, June 8, 2003, at 10:58 PM, Matt G. wrote:

> Is the list really this silent or am I not getting any mail? If it's=20=

> just
> this quite, then how about this question. How do y'all treat the =
gospel
> style hymns such as There is Power in the Blood or When we All Get to=20=

> Heaven
> during congregationals? I always go at them with heavy trems and=20
> usually a
> oom pah type thing in the pedals. I played piano in a church today=20
> where the
> organist used a regular "churchy" sound and held the root note out=20
> like any
> other hymn. It didn't seem to have quite the energy to me that's=20
> required
> for somethin like that. Any thought?
>
> Matt G.
> CaddyOrganist@xxxxxxxxxxx

> http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail
>

> Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten f=FCr Orgel =
-=20
> Summer Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!

Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten für Orgel - Summer
Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!