[rodgersorgan] Using Adobe Acrobat and a sharing library of choral music

  • From: "noel jones, aago" <zimbelstern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:58:23 -0400

Friends:

At Frog Music Press we use Adobe Acrobat to encode our music files.  We
do this because the free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is available for
many different kinds of computers, including Macs (my preference) and
PC's (Lauren's).

And it is free.

The documents are called pdf's once they have been encoded oded which
stands for Portable Document Format.  To open them you click on the
title, which always ends in .pdf and your computer will see if it has
Acrobat Reader installed.  If it does not find it, download it from
www.adobe.com

Having Acrobat Reader opens doors to you...it means you can buy music
from Frog Music Press (important to us!) but it also means you can visit
the Choral Public Domain Library and download all kinds of free choral
music.  And it is in most cases good stuff.  Count on it being at least
100 years old (public domain means the copyright has run out)

Remember the Whole Earth Catalog...this is sort of the Choir Loft
edition...It is a cooperative venture mf many who for free pick,
transcribe and share music.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

Learn how to play Fanfares and Trumpet Tunes with Trumpet, Harpsichord and
Timpani: Go to www.frogmusic.com/SPML.html

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com