[rodgersorgan] Tonal Architecture

  • From: Ralph Cullen <rcullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:30:56 -0700

Hi Team.
I have just inspected the Disney organ and counted 102 - plus, stops.
This is certainly not a toy!

A subject for discussion.

I would like to glean from some of the experts on this discussion board,
and ask for the following theme to be pursued...

I tell prospective clients that Rodgers build a "contemporary organ" and go
on to describe the tonal architecture as drawing from the finest of English
and European traditions but more-so exemplified by what has been dubbed
"The American Classic" Tradition. Then we explore the wonderful addition of
orchestral voices, which makes a new Trillium a winner in any musical setting.

Can I ask those who know their stuff, to expound on the main
characteristics of the American Classic, as compared with the traditions of
England, France, Germany. Holland, Spain etc.
This will be not only interesting (I hope) but helpful in recommending
organs for different settings and needs.
Cheers all,
Ralph Cullen
Purveyor of the finest of American Classic Organs.
New Zealand.

Soon to be published for the Rodgers Organ: Sommer Sonaten für Orgel - Summer
Sonatas for Organ and MIDI Orchestra!