[rodgersorgan] Stupid Questions

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:15:39 -0500

William E Ehrke wrote:

 > Noel - under the heading of "dumb questions," group members might like
 > to know the differences between the PR300 and PR300S.
 >
 > B.E.

Bill opens an interesting issue.

The PR-300 saves on disk using a Roland Format.  These files cannot be
read in a computer as a result.  The PR-300 will read Standard MIDI
Files. (SMF's)

The PR-300S reads and writes both Roland Format and SMF formats on
disk...but will only read one type if they are both mixed up on a disk.

The PR-300S has a couple more voices than the PR-300.

I have a question for the group: To save in SMF Format on the PR-300s
you hold STOP and press SAVE.  The PR-300 and PR-300S both have a SAVE
AS Command in light blue, meaning it can be accessed by holding SHIFT.

SAVE AS what?

I've also heard that the PR-300S has more memory than the PR-300.  If
true, how much?

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa