[rodgersorgan] Re: Sound of Rodgers 800 Series Demo CD question

  • From: OrganBoyTimmy <oceantim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:47:02 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,  Thank you so much!
Regards,
Tim
  Mark Huth <pdx_36@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Tim,

Actually, I know this piece quite well; I was, in fact, the one
playing for a number of tracks on this CD, along with my good
friend, John Green and the track in question is me after
numerous takes. John and I basically split duties for the
recording, each contributing things from our respective
repertoires. (This was before Dan Miller's excellent recordings
came along!!!).

This arrangement of Handel's "Allegro and Adagio" is from the
first of four volumes called "Wedding Music", published by
Augsburg Fortress Press. These were all edited by David N.
Johnson. If you simply look for "Wedding Music, Book I" edited
by Johnson, you'll score.

The book has a number of good arrangements including the Handel
and numerous settings of Bach Chorales. This is the
"Pre-Nuptial" volume; the other three are Processionals and
Recessionals and include separate parts for optional
instrumentalists.

I recommend all these volumes, but find I use the first two most
of all. The Handel is also my most-often played piece, as well.

Hope this helps. I'm actually out of town right now but could
get you the publisher's number if you need it when I return to
Portland.

Best regards,

Mark