[rodgersorgan] Re: Second voices

  • From: "Noel Heinze" <noel.heinze@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "RodgersUsers" <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 15:57:57 -0400

Wayduhminut, wayduhminut!!  Ed said it's possible to have a voice palette stop
and its alternate at the same time by setting one on a piston or dialing it up
manually, then bring on the other via crescendo pedal settings...Noel Jones
said "Don't try this at home!" and advised against it. Butbut but...this is
bound to happen (if indeed it does) any time you have any palette stops on
EITHER a piston OR the crescendo and you use them together, right?  If I'm
playing the Gt Cromorne and then use the crescendo, which is set to the
alternate Trompete, am I going to get both, dangerous or not?  I don't think
so...seems to me that in any case involving a palette stop, the most recent
change will supercede the previous one.  The Cromorne will change to the
Trompete if the latter is set on the crescendo, and it is activated after the
piston.  If, while the crescendo is on, I hit another piston using Cromorne,
then 'bye 'bye Trompete, the Cromorne's back...not both...true?  Ed says I will
get both...my ears say no, at least not on my 835, so Noel Jones can stop
worrying...right?

Noel Heinze
Asheville, NC