[rodgersorgan] Roaring Twenties - Ellenton

  • From: Tom Hoehn <thoehn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: theatreorgans <theatreorgans-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,PipeChat <pipechat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:26:58 -0400

Lists -

Just a quick note updating my adventures ---
As was announced I am scheduled to substitute for Dwigt Thomas on
Saturday, August 24 during the normal lunch time - 12:30-2:30. However
much to my surprise I substituted this past weekend for Dwight due to an
injured toe on his left foot.  I played the lunch time this past
Saturday, and then at 1:15 on Sunday afternoon, Dwigt called and asked
me to cover for him that night as well.  So I played a full Sunday night
and the lunch hours the day before. My nerves were shot after Saturday
and to top everything off on Sunday when Dwight called I was on my way
to the airport to pick up my bride of 6 months upon her return from a
trip up behind the Cheddar Curtain.  Her plane was late, I picked her up
from the airport and then informed her that she wasn't going home but to
R20's for me to play.  She about burst with excitement (the day before I
had called her and told I was playing and she about cried, she wanted to
be there for my debut).  We got down to Ellenton at 3:55 - I had just
enough time to get everything on and warm up a couple of minutes.  Then
I walked around the building about 6 times to get rid of the excess
energy.  I brought Black Beauty up finished my first number and turned
around to the crowd,picked up the mic and it was dead --- poor wife went
running back to the manager wo came rushingup and turned the mic system
on for me---(this hadn't been explained to me prior to starting the
show). Everything went much better and I still have a voice because of
it.  What a weekend------

Now next weekend won't be nearly as terrifying - that's all behind me
now.
--
Tom Hoehn, Organist
http://theatreorgans.com/tomhoehn

Learn how to play Fanfares and Trumpet Tunes with Trumpet, Harpsichord and
Timpani: Go to www.frogmusic.com/SPML.html

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com