[rodgersorgan] Re: RP 300 S

  • From: Ed Wilson <actionkbd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

Randall,
I believe you are a seasoned PR-300 user.  When did you first start having this
problem?  What changed?
Three suggestions:
1.  Check that the console is set to Send and Receive STOPS only.  If it is set
to Send and Receive STOPS and PISTONS, then the MIDI couplers will come on and
the MIDI voices will "echo" eerily as note data is retransmitted back to the
PR-300 sound card.
2.  Try a PR-300 reset (on the frogmusic web site).  During playback, you do
not want anything but the master channels to "leak" out of the "black box."
3.  If those do not solve the problem, then find a MIDI analysis software
package on the internet.  "MIDI OX" is one, "MIDI HACK" is another, plus there
are a lot of other ones out there.  With your computer and a MIDI connection,
such as MIDIMAN or the ROLAND UM-1 for your laptop, or with a MIDI cable going
directly to your desktop sound card, you can look at what is coming out of the
PR-300S disk (you will have to set the channels for analyis to EXT) and you
will be able to see the MIDI command (in HEX and TEXT), and find out if
something weird is going on in the Record or Playback.
Regards,
Ed
 randallsmith wrote:Content-Type: Text/Plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"

=0D
=0D
When I record a MIDI sound on the organ it sounds different when I play i=
back! Example: I record trumpet. When I play back, it sounds like a mu=
ted
trumpet! Use strings, it sounds like "muted" strings!=0D
=0D
Is there a setting wrong internally on the PR 300 S?=0D
I have reset it and it still does this. HELP!!=0D
=0D
Randall

-- Type: image/gif

Read The Comprehensive Guide to Music for the
Rodgers PR-300 at www.frogmusic.com

Includes music from Rodgers, LifeWay and Frog Music Press

go to our website at www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines

Read The Comprehensive Guide to Music for the
Rodgers PR-300 at www.frogmusic.com