[rodgersorgan] Please never list.

  • From: "noel jones, aago" <zimbelstern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 23:47:11 -0400

Just had an interesting email that sparked an idea.

What you you suggest should go on a list to be posted at the organ ...

1. Do not wax bench.  [Headline on Monday am...organist goes airborne!]

2. Do not move the console. [Church bulletin...a special offering will
be received to defray the expenses caused when the Easter Pageant stage
crew moved the organ and inadvertently ripped out a bunch of wires that
turned out to be very, very important...we hope to have the organ
playing soon]

3. Do not leave music on the rolltop when it is closed, for it will
disappear into the innards of the organ to languish there until the next
Millennium.

4. Storing Christmas Decorations in the organ chamber negates the
purpose of the room. It is not a Christmas Decoration Chamber...if it
was we'd call it that and store our speakers and pipes some other
place...got a problem with this?  Put 'em in the Pastor's office and
he'll assist you in finding a home for them.

5. I may play the organ so loud that you think I must be hearing
impaired...but that doesn't mean that I can lip read last minutes
instructions from you when you are 30 feet away from me during the
Pastoral Prayer.  And during prayer heads should be bowed...otherwise
when else would I get a chance to have another swallow of coffee to get
me through this service.  If you have a message write it down and have
it passed along through the choir to me.  But count on at least one Alto
dropping it and reading it during the recovery operation.

6. The Traditional Wedding Marches are officially known and recognized
as: Dum Dum De Dum and TaTaTaTa...Mendelsohn and Wagner sound like a
company that publishers boring history texts.

7. Wedding fees are determined on a sliding scale...base price plus
number of brides maids times $10 (or Euros) each and an additional $25
for each child ring bearer...$50 if they are incapable of traversing the
aisle unaided.  To ensure payment, take the $50 and then refund the $25
if the kid makes it down the aisle unaided and without stopping,
increasing the number of times you have to play the Mendelsohn..I mean
the Dum Dum De...

8. This one is totally off the subject, but I suddenly have the sinking
feeling that I put the composer of the Wedding Recessional in Playing
MIDI Live at the Organ (the one that starts Ta Ta Ta...and in the book
we teach you how to do it on MIDI Trumpets) down as Tchaikovsky when it
should be Wagner...and what made me think this is that Lauren and I
talked about how to spell Mendelsohn..there are variations...and it is
almost 7 am in Germany (hello to our 960 over there), probably almost
noon at Ronnie's and Ralph's homes in New Zealand, 9 pm on the west
coast of the USA...andtime for me to go to bed.

--
noel jones, aago
athens, tennessee, usa

New Guide to Playing MIDI Voices...with Music you can play in church.  See
Playing MIDI Live at the Organ at Frog Music Press!

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com