[rodgersorgan] Organs Vs. Organs

  • From: "Robert Thornton" <rthorn1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rodgers Organ List" <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 13:27:04 -0600

Hi there list members,
Have been reading an awfull lot in recent months (or longer) about who has the
"BEST" organ. I'm not a new-commer to music. Have been playing since age 8. I'm
now 65 (you figure it out). It doesn't matter to me what kind of an organ it is
- it's organ music - and the "KING" of musical instruments. Granted there are
organs that are not so good, others that are so-so, but it's all organ music.
Personally, I don't have anything against a Hammond or any other make. If you
love music as I do, it doesn't matter. Then enters the musician. There are some
that are good and others that are not so good, but once again, they are all
musicians (or wanna-bees). I really have a distaste for people who "slam"
organist or their organ for which they play. Maybe that's all they can afford.
Not everybody has $70K or $80K sitting around collecting dust. I for one don't.
I am disabled with lose of speech and the use of both left arm and left leg
(lets see some real organist play like that) but I still attempt to play my
organ, by the way is a RODGERS. Before that was a Baldwin and before that was a
Wurlizter. But at least I'm not sitting around "bad-mouthing" other organists
or organs. I'm making an attempt to play my organ because I love it and organ
music is beautiful, stroke or no stroke.

Bob Thornton
Rodgers 321-A
Memphis, TN.

Just Published! Using the PR-300 Sequencer Voice Module by Frog Music Press
----
go to www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html