[rodgersorgan] Re: New member with a 750 EXT spkr question.

  • From: Ralph Cullen <rcullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:20:55 -0700

Hi, Just briefly:
A 750, or any other organ of that era did not have balanced outputs, but
DID have pare outputs on the input of the power amp boards. These have
their own gain controls and are easily wired and set.
Secondly, the outputs are not "Great Swell and Pedal at all, they are
generally "Flutes"; "Main" (which means Principals and maybe Great Reed and
half of the celeste from the Swell) and "Swell" which means Swell string
and chorus Reed being in the case of a 750, a Trompette at 16' 8' and 4'
The fourth channel is "Pedal" which doesnt mean pedal but rather the 16'
octave of the Flute and the Principal.
Lastly, I stand to be corrected if I have picked on the wrong model. I am
referring to a 750B which may be slightly different to the original 750
Cheers,
Ralph Cullen
Rodgers Veteran,
New Zealand.