[rodgersorganusers] MX-200 Details

  • From: noel jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:09:12 -0500

My unofficial understanding is that the MX-200 will start shipping around
Nov. 15.
and a companion sequencer will be available around the first of the year.
I am not a Rodgers dealer and have no "inside information" about the MX-200.

According to the very brief advertising sheet that was faxed to me, it is a
sound module.
The advertising sheet says"76 exclusive pipe organ samples".
That implies to me that they are samples of a real pipe organ.
Other "one liners" on the advertising sheet:

1122 total sounds -- the best from Roland's Sound Library
New "Hector Olivera" orchestral sounds
User friendly for ultimate flexibility
Compatible with any pipe or digital organ built with standard MIDI
Quick key access to the most frequently used 254 sounds
Compatible with Rodgers PR-300s, PR300
Unit can be mounted under console deck or installed within some consoles
MX-200 responds to the Rodgers organ tuning commands (such as automatic
pipe tuner) as well as tremulant
Responds to Rodgers organ console MIDI Coupler Settings

The local dealer said "The Tuba and celeste stops are spectacular".
You may have seen the Rodgers advertisement for their installation
in the Royal Albert Hall in London.  They sampled the Royal Trumpets on
that organ before the organ was taken down for refurbishment.  Those
samples are included in the MX-200 at the 16 ft., 8ft and 4 ft. pitch

My guess is that the MX-200 provides the sounds, but does nothing more
than allow the user to select sounds.  The organ, I am sure, will make the
sound available as "program change" commands such as available via
Trillium organs as Program Change number, MSB and LSB.
MIDI terminology would call the sounds as "patches"

 From what I can see and infer the MX-200 is an order of magnitude better
than the Allen MDS Expander II, the sound boxes offered by Johannus
and others.

Jack Cormack
Potomac, Maryland

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press