[rodgersorganusers] Re: MX-200

  • From: Jhockin1@xxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:44:30 EST

Had a chance to preview the MX-200. Quite a sound module! What they call
"Quick Key" selection is the usual keyboard selection method used on the
PR-300.
Cannot use the PR-300 and MX-200 together on Insignia organs because there are
no separate MIDI ports on those organs. Do not know how the sequencer will
hook up yet.
The midi sounds are tremendous. All the rough edges have been removed. The
organ sounds are very convincing, really quite spectacular! They also do not
respond to velocity sensitivity, a problem the SOL disks. You always had to set
the keyboards to fixed velocity.

The Variation numbers, what are now called MSB, are 65 through 68 I believe.
The sounds play through the midi couplers as we all expected. I tried it out
on the 527 and when you get the hang of using the keyboard to select the MSB
number and then the PC number it is very smooth. The organ stops combine
beautifully with the stops on the organ.

I am very impressed!

Jim Hockin
Rodgers Organ Studio of Minneapolis

If you have any difficulty with this or PayPal,
please contact noeljones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for help!

Shop for Playing Guides to your Rodgers Organ at Frog Music Press