[rodgersorgan] Great Postlude

  • From: "randallsmith" <randallsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:53:35 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

=0D
Do any of you play Gil Martin's "Christmas Postlude on 'In Dulci Jubilo'?=
  =20
It is a wonderful piece to play.   It was first published in 1969 by Lore=
nz.
 I was a second grader!  Who would have ever know then what Gil would
become?  By the way, he's one of my favorite composers.   =0D
Our Chancel Choir commissioned him several years ago to compose the anthe=
m =20
Glory to the King of Kings."=0D
Order yourself a copy from Lorenz to read through it and then get some fo=
your choir!    I enjoyed talking with Gil during the commission.  He's a
really neat person.   Get some of his music for your choir and some of hi=
compositions for the organ!=0D
=0D
Randall Smith=0D
West Point FUMC=0D