[rodgersorganusers] Got DVM board?

  • From: Bob Mollard <bobaton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 08:18:22 -0400

Hello all. I have a used 805 with the following stops not speaking:
Ped: Princ 16, Bourd 16, Choral bass 4, Schalmei 4
Great: Princ 8, Koppel 4, Quint 1 1/3, Cromorne 8
Swell: Bourd 8, Cymbale III

When I first got it, DVM board 5215-303 was showing red, and I assumed that it was bad. My dealer found a salvage board in his pile of parts, but it showed red also. Recently I moved it for a concert and noticed all boards were showing green, but those stops remain silent. My dealer offered to sell me a new board at his cost, but to our dismay he discovered his cost from Rodgers was $2800! I'm just not going to spend that kind of money for one board, especially since I'm not 100% sure that's where the problem is.

So do any of you have thoughts regarding diagnosis, and if I do indeed need a DVM, does anyone have a line on a good one that doesn't cost more than the organ is worth? I am technically capable, but I do not have a service manual.

Thanks!

Bob Mollard, MM AAGO

To unsubscribed, visit this page:

//www.freelists.org/list/rodgersorgan