[rodgersorgan] Re: Fw: Re: Consoles

  • From: Harry Littman <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 08:34:17 -0600

There was a similar organ built for Fanwood Presbyterian Church that
approximates Black Beauty.  Similar but not exact.  It can be heard on
the album "Virgil Fox Plays Music for the New Age" which was produced
in 1971.  Whether or not this had an adjustable keydesk I can't say,
but I can state that Beauty never went up and down except on a liftgate
in and out of the touring truck.  She also rode on a fork lift truck
out of the touring organ truck, across my front yard, through a wooden
fence that was temporarily taken down to accommodate  her size,  and
finally driven into my house through patio doors that had also been
removed.

Also, the comment about the back being removed for adjusting the sound
-  Also not quite correct.  There are 2 back side door panels, hinged
at either side opening in the middle.  They each swing open more than
90 degrees so that access to the racks which slide in and out for
adjustments and maintenance was quick and easy.  No doors or panels had
to be removed for access.

I have loads of pictures which show the move and installation by Jason
Grable of Rodgers and later pictures during maintenance and the
installation of the 30th toe stud which was Ch to Ped reversible.  It
was always there as a piston.  I will be glad to share.  The pictures
are in the tiff format and are about 1.3 meg each.

Harry

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx