[rodgersorgan] Re: Forwarded...Tom's Instrument

  • From: "Randall J. Smith" <randallsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:28:35 -0400

When we were "discussing" the marriage of our 12 rank 1930 Hinners organ
with an 835 Rodgers, an older gentleman  in the church was opposed.  We
didn't need it.  When the work was done, he was blown away by the
instrument!  This past Sunday he heard his son ask me "How much of the
offertory today was pipe and how much was digital?"   The father replied,
"It doesn't matter.  You can't tell the difference anyway!"   YOU CANNOT
TELL!!  It tricks me many times.
The first Sunday we "lost  our pipes" during the interfacing of the organs,
I had to use all digital.  Nobody knew.  It was voiced by Richard Morris so
beautifully that they thought it was the old Romantic Hinners.   I had to
use all digital for about 2 months.  One lady in the choir told me "I can
tell the difference and will be glad to get our pipes back!" The first week
the pipes were back she did not even notice!  I had to tell everyone the
pipes were connected.

Randall