[rodgersorgan] Re: Disk Format/PR 300

  • From: Ferdinand Kuhn <ujk_ffk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:21:49 -0500

Hi Allen Jones:
I am struggling with the same problem. I finally got the pr-300 book directly
from
the factory rep.
So far I was able to do the following:
Formatted an empty IBM formatted  disk on the pr-300. We have a pr-300S.
Then I 'saved' a Cakewalk .wrk file as a .mid file directly to the pr-300
formatted
disk.
Note, the pr-300 will use the first 1 - 9 midi channels.
The remaining channels 12 - 15 are used by the Rodgers Organ.
I generated many disks earlier which always gave me: 'Can't read Data Format'.
We have a Rodgers three manual 960D, the usually black keys are brown.
When using my lap-top with 4x4 channel MIDI interface into the Rodgers, I can
make
beautiful music, which I designed on my computer. However, I am not allowed to
hook
up anything electronically/electrically to the New Organ.
Rodgers in Oregon was very helpful in getting me started so far. Their address
is in
the copy space above.

Happy New Year & Have fun, Dr Fred Kuhn, St. Andrews, Stuart, Fl, 'back-up'
Electronic Music Maker.