[rodgersorgan] Digital piano advice

  • From: PlnPian88@xxxxxx
  • To: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:03:35 -0400

Dear Noel:

Please allow me to very heartily recommend the Yamaha CLP series of digital
pianos for list members looking for a digital piano. I recently surveyed most
of the major brands (Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Technics, Kurzweil, Viscount) both
from the point of view of technical specs and listening/playing at the
showroom. I am convinced that Yamaha has the most musical and highest quality
instruments available. In particular, the CLP-150 is a very high quality,
reasonably priced instrument with, in addition to a fine piano simulation, an
amazingly realistic harpsichord at 8' and 8'+ 4' pitches. The piano voices
includes key release transients and string resonance sounds as well as
half-pedalling capability. The harpsichord voices include the attack and
release transient sounds of the plectra.

As if this weren't enough, there is a nice selection of pipe organ flute and
diapason stops which are useable for positiv, continuo or choir accompaniment
work.

Unlike some of the competition, Yamaha builds their own piano keyboards and I
think you will find their durability, touch and responsiveness to be unequalled.

For a bit more money, the CLP-170 adds a more sophisticated keyboard with a
dual-sensor rapid repeat mechanism which gives you the feel of a grand piano
with its key repeat device. The 170 also has an ambience enhancing system with
a microphone and auxiliary speakers for more lifelike sound. This is somewhat
analagous to Rodgers' RSS or Trillium sound enhancement.

These two models have 60 Watt X 2 stereo amplifiers built in for plenty of
sanctuary-filling undistorted sound.

I encourage anyone seriuosly looking for a good digital to consider the Yamaha
instruments. You will be pleasantly surprised.

No, I don't work for Yamaha - I'm just a fan or theirs after having owned
several instruments and having followed emerging digital instrument technology
for many years. Please refer to Yamaha.com for information about their pianos
and other instruments. They have a Worship Forum as well as a lease-to-own
financing option for all their instruments.

Best Regards,
Ken Plant
Organist, St. Matthew's UMC
Acton, MA
Rodgers 950 (and, soon - Yamaha CLP-150)

!
Find new MIDI music and Guides to Rodgers Organs at www.frogmusic.com

To post send messages to: rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx