[rodgersorgan] Dethier Organ Classic

  • From: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carlo Pietroniro" <organist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 04:51:37 -0500

I'm sending this to all groups that have organists as members.

There's an organ piece known as "Variations on Adeste Fidelis" by Gaston
Dethier. It's been recorded by Diane Bish and Richard Morris. It's been played
live by the 2 aforementioned, as well as the great Virgil Fox, Ted Alan Worth,
and Carlo Curley. Truncated versions of this great piece have been published in
books by Diane Bish and Robert Hebble.

I was fortunate enough to acquire an original of this work a few years ago.
Here's the information on it.

"Christmas; Organ Piece For An Opening"
Gaston M. Dethier (1875-1958)
Dedicated to Joseph Fischer
Copyright 1902 by J. Fischer & Bro.
No. 2036

After acquiring this great work, I painstakingly worked on it, page by page,
using Adobe Photoshop, restoring it to it's original glory. It now looks as
crystal clear as it did, the day it was published, 100 years ago! It is to be
noted that it was only ever published ONCE in it's entirety, and there are
fewer than 10 complete copies of this classic left. There are NO recordings of
the complete piece. I scanned it, and am offering it to any organist who wants
a copy.

20 pages
GIF format
3.91MB in total

I've sent this to several people, and it prints up wonderfully!
This may be your last chance to have a complete, mint-condition copy of this
long-out-of-print Christmas classic. Contact me directly if you're interested.

Carlo Pietroniro

-

May all your bloopers be grace notes this hoiliday season! From the Staff at FMP

To unsubscribe or change mail delivery (digest, vacation) go to our website at
www.frogmusic.com/rodgers.html