[rodgersorgan] Blended Worship

  • From: "Randall J. Smith" <randallsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rodgersorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:12:42 -0400

I play at  a traditional Methodist Church were we still use only the pipe
organ.  We say the Apostle's Creed and The Lord's Prayer each week. We have
a choral call to worship, a choral call to prayer and a choral benediction.

At the beginning of each service we do one "contemporary" song ONE time
through.  I usually use the strings from the PR300S along with stops from
the organ. We use the same song for a whole month.  This month we used
"Jesus, Name Above All Names."   Next month we will use "Holy Ground."   We
print the words in the bulletin each week.  We are a member of the group
where you pay 3 or 4 hundred dollars a year to print words in bulletins.
The Minister of Music has to file reports with them.  She also has to report
our anthems and any other songs under copyright because we record our
services and take tapes to the shut-ins.  We try to do everything as legal
as possible!

People seem to be happy doing that one contemporary song each week.   A lot
of  new people at our church tell me the MUSIC is what made them decide to
come to our church.   We have a great program for a church our size and the
Minister of Music and I are GREATLY appreciated.

Randall Smith
FUMC West Point, GA

New low pricing on books and music for the Rodgers Organ at www.frogmusic.com