[roc-chat] Unapproved Activities and Keeping the Lakebed Clean

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:11:49 +0000

I joke and have fun on chat. Maybe more than I should, but safety and keeping
the lakebed clean are serious matters.

Please no fireworks or Chinese lanterns or other types of pyrotechnics that are
not allowed. If you see someone doing these kinds of activities and don’t feel
comfortable telling them to knock it off, let a Board member know. Same thing
with racing around on ATV’s or other dangerous activities. Safety is
everyone’s responsibility.

Please clean up your area and not let trash blow away, and encourage others to
do the same. There’s a large trash bin at ROCstocks, so there’s no reason to
have trash on the ground. Over the last year, I’ve seen groups leave trash
when they depart, and kids making a mess in the portable toilets.

The Board and other volunteers can’t do it all and we must stand together as a
group and not let things happen that are unacceptable.

Have a fun and safe time. Leave no trace.