[roc-chat] Space Day (and Night) at Bonsall Elementary

  • From: Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:36:33 +0000

Here's a link to an event I helped with at Bonsall Elementary School.  Lockheed
Martin provided a lot of assistance with tee shirts and activities for the
students.

There were many people at the demonstration model rocket launch (>500) and of
course, the W was present.  I had to carefully aim the rockets to land them
back on the school grounds and not on the crowd.  (You can see my concentration
getting the X-15 ready.)  Anyway, all rockets were recovered nicely and the
fire department was happy.  I really like the photo showing the boy running
that helped me recover the rockets and the little girl pointing up at a rocket
during flight.

http://thevillagenews.com/story/56172/

Richard Dierking