[roc-chat] Re: Small DD altimeters...

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:19:35 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the 411... both are interesting... I just think thing that using
small two cell lipos, say 450 to 500mah with 15-20C discharge rates (8 to 10
amps burst), seem lot cheaper in the long run than single 9v. Of course I have
the charger already for lipos and am aware of what can happen on impact went
lipos are punctured.

Are all tracking devices requiring a HAM license? Or do we operate under a
group?

Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt

"(Scientific) Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for
asking questions about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella