[roc-chat] Sealing Holes In Electronics Bay Bulkheads

  • From: "Lesnick, Mike" <mikel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 20:30:42 -0400

All,

I'm finally finishing my 1st  dual deployment project.   Hope to launch
it next week.   I have a question about sealing the holes in the
bulkheads of the electronics bay where the wires pass through and the
hardware is mounted.  I have the following holes drilled through the
bulkheads:

*         Holes for the ejection charge wires / leads to pass through -
I HAVE sealed these with a heat resistant sealer.

*         Holes for the mounting screws for the ejection charge holders

*         Holes for the mounting screws for the wiring terminals.

I have not "sealed" the last two with any sealant.  The screws and
hardware of course "seal the holes" when they are tightened up.

QUESTION - Is the seal made by the hardware for the ejection charge
holders and the wiring  terminals sufficient ???  OR, do I need to add
additional heat proof sealant?

Mike

Michael Lesnick

Axiom Healthcare Group