[roc-chat] Re: Rocket project for NSL

  • From: David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 17:41:40 -0700

I'm a bit concerned that you don't appear to have installed the launch lug yet. If you had read the instructions, you would have seen that you should glue the launch lug in place BEFORE you glue the fin case and body tube together, and it is easier if you stand the tube on end so that the launch lug will be properly aligned with the bottom of the body tube...

Can you tell that I spent last weekend building about a dozen of these things with a group of students???

David Erbas-White

P.S. I also don't see the engine hook sticking out of the bottom. Going by how I've seen how some kids have built their rockets, I'm afraid you may have put the engine tube in backwards, with the engine hook extending towards the forward end of the rocket...