[roc-chat] RocStock/ NSL Prep

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:22:21 -0700

I forgot to mention and offer my thanks to the Dierkings and Kramers for
setting up the two contests (so far).

Much appreciated!

Chris
----- Forwarded by Chris J Kobel/West/Aerospace/US on 05/31/2011 11:20 AM
-----

From:
Chris J Kobel/West/Aerospace/US
To:
roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
05/31/2011 08:13 AM
Subject:
RocStock/ NSL Prep

All,

Glad to see the excitement building over the upcoming RocStock/NSL
launch....me too!

Hearing of the efforts of Dierking and Scott to feed the masses, and
Stephen Beal and crew "super-sizing" their next installment from the Estes
catalog make me proud to be a ROC member.
I know there is much more activity going on including behind the scenes to
make this a successful event and I can't wait to lend my efforts to the
tasks at hand as well.

That said, I believe there are a couple of lingering questions that
haven't quite been fully answered:

1)  When will the ROC trailer be there to commence range setup?    I know
several of us (me included) will be there Wednesday afternoon to commence
striping and range layout.   We'd
       LOVE to get an early start with range setup Thursday morning
(7:00am??) so we could start launching by mid-Thursday (???) morning.

2)  When will the range head work signup sheet be available?  I know Jeff
G. is chomping at the bit to get ahold of the microphone (and launch
button) to click off flights in his entertaining and
      rapid-fire manner and I'm ready to serve right behind him.  I (and
son James) am willing to serve a 4-hour stint Saturday morning 9-1 (LCO,
spotter, or PM), typically our busiest periods when things tend to get
backed up, to ensure we keep rockets in the
      air in the safest and most timely manner possible.  We should have
our most experienced workers on duty  during the busy times.

Thank you, El Presidente (or BOD), in advance for responding to these, so
we can all get our plans in order to make this one of the finest RocStocks
to date.

Chris Kobel