[roc-chat] Re: ROC 20th Year Theme Proposal

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:24:17 -0800

Maybe weather forecasting will be better in the future.

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:09:05 -0800
From: derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: ROC 20th Year Theme Proposal

    On 1/21/2014 9:03 AM, Michael Klett
      wrote:

      Personally, I don't "Twitter" or "Facebook"...

      I don't think I'm alone in that (okay, I HOPE I'm not alone in
      that...).

      David Erbas-White

      Perhaps just use twitter and the hashtag
        #ROCStockXXXIX or ROCStock39?

        On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Kurt
          Gugisberg <kurtgug@xxxxxxxxx>
          wrote:

              Perhaps we can set up a page where we can send
                Tweet-like (meaning short) statements regarding what
                Troy has mentioned.  For example:  Cable cutters and
                Tethers will dominate dual deploy strategies in the
                future.

              Kurt

                  On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 12:31
                    AM, Troy Monroe Stacey <tstacey001@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    wrote:

                      Hi All,

                      I would like to open up a discussion about this
                      era of ROC as we enter our 20th year. Some of you
                      may know I am the designer of the ROC logo, and
                      subsequently created the 10th year version if the
                      logo and shirts for the 10th year ROCstocks and
                      there really wasn't a theme other than the slogan
                      I created for the shirt that stated "Looking Back
                      on 10 Years of Looking Up" to reminisce about the
                      first decade. This twentieth year, I would propose
                      we do a little of the same (since that's what
                      anniversaries are for) but in a way to note the
                      changes in our hobby. Things that were done in our
                      first decade, how those same things were done
                      differently in the second, and how they might be
                      in the upcoming third? How has our launch
                      equipment changed and will change? The way we
                      ran/run/will run launches. Philosophies on
                      different construction methods. Technologies in
                      the hobby. Also the things that haven't changed if
                      they will or will not change in the future. I
                      believe the simple cardboard tube, plastic nose,
                      balsa fin, black powder motor will continue to be
                      every child's first rocket as it was for all of us
                      and our kids. Will we be repeating the same
                      mistakes? On our 30th anniversary will people
                      still be drag-separating? Will we still be
                      striving for the same successes? Food for thought.
                      My idea for a slogan: "20 Years, and Beyond!"

                          -Troy   =)

                      Sent from Troy's iPhone