[roc-chat] Re: Question on NSL/ROCStock

  • From: Jeff Gortatowsky <indanapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

My wife and I always used to stay in Big Bear. But cheap it was not. Although
there is a Motel 6 that is $50 or so a night (IIRC).

I guess the way I drive is 'old folks driving' as it was consistently 45
minutes
from the Lake Bed to Forest Shores Inn on the lake which is where we'd rent a
small studio apartment for the 4 days. That was at the  Nothing like a cool
evening with a great meal up in Big Bear after a long hot (but fun) day on the
playa. OTOH many say you 'miss something' by not camping on the playa.
Jeff Gortatowsky, Redondo Beach, CA | Twitter: JeffGortatowsky | Yahoo:
indanapt

"Skepticism is not a set of beliefs, it is a set of methods for asking
questions
about reality." -- Doctor Steven Novella