[roc-chat] Re: Photos from Rocket Workshop for Temecula Cub Scouts

  • From: Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 07:55:20 -0800

Excellent!  At least the W shouldn't have carried it too far.  I've kicked
the 10' main twice on my Magnum (both on M650s) with two 2-56 pins. Hasn't
happened on the other four flights.  I believe it has something to do with
the long burn and coast such that there was still a significant horizontal
velocity at apogee due to weathercocking at the top.  I've tried to fold
the parachute to fill the compartment so that it doesn't act like a slide
hammer on drogue ejection.

We have one of those Patriots too, and we'd love to set up a
pseudo-Patriot battery if we can find a couple more takers (and we get
around to building ours!)

Chris

From:   Bryan Dierking <bryandierking@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   12/13/2011 07:41 AM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Re: Photos from Rocket Workshop for Temecula
Cub Scouts
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Flew great! 5,800' on an L1420R. The only thing that deviated from the
flight plan was the main coming out at apogee (I had only used three 2-56
sheer pins). I'll post the onboard video once I get it onto my desktop
when I get home from school.

Bryan Dierking

Le Dec 13, 2011 à 7:27, Chris J Kobel <Chris.J.Kobel@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Bryan and Richard,

How did the Patriot fly on Saturday?

Chris

From:        Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        12/12/2011 07:02 PM
Subject:        [roc-chat] Photos from Rocket Workshop for Temecula Cub
Scouts
Sent by:        roc-chat-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's some photos from a rocket building meeting Bryan and I conducted on
Sunday.  The kids where from Cub Scout pack 369 and other family members.
I did a brief presentation on MSL and using rockets for NASA missions
before the rocket building.  I guess from the photos you can see that
everyone had a good time.

Richard Dierking[attachment "125_4532.JPG" deleted by Chris J
Kobel/West/Aerospace/US] [attachment "125_4537.JPG" deleted by Chris J
Kobel/West/Aerospace/US] [attachment "125_4539.JPG" deleted by Chris J
Kobel/West/Aerospace/US]