[roc-chat] Re: Nike Smokes at ROCstock?

  • From: Michael Klett <xsive.guy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROC Chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:11:11 -0800

Richard,

I'm pretty sure that I'd be in.  Maybe make it diameter less than 3.5" and
greater than 3.5" so that the 2.2" and Estes Nike Smokes could play, too.
 Any motor?  Alright.

And I don't think that we need the Board to "support this".  It's great if
they do but as a club I think we can organize things independently of the
Board provided we keep safety and proper range practices in order.  If
there were a cost then the Board would certainly need to support it to
allocate funds for it but if it's just going out and flying then we're
probably OK.  Though they might need to support it from the point of view
of getting specific launch windows to play in.  But I think if someone
brings a coherent plan together for the club to look at we should be OK.

Thanks,
Mike