[roc-chat] Learning Surface Mount Soldering

  • From: R Dierking <applerocketry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 08:45:35 -0800

I just purchased a Eggfinder Starter Kit mostly for the experience of learning
how to solder stuff correctly while creating something I can use.
However, I think I should start with some simple kits like they suggest. I see
that SparkFun offers some simple kits for beginners.

I have a Weller soldering station with the digital temp display that I
purchased months ago and still haven’t used.

I would appreciate suggestions on simple SMT kits and supplies like the
ultra-fine solder supplied with the Eggfinder kit.

Thank you,
Richard Dierking