[roc-chat] Re: FREE Barbecue Dinner on Saturday at NSL 2011

  • From: Lakestake Rocketry <lakestake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:06:50 -0700

Oh yeah!  I'm so there.

Matt
 On May 23, 2011 10:19 AM, "Greg Lyzenga" <lyzenga@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.nsl2011.org/content/free-barbecue-dinner-saturday-nsl-2011
>
> FREE Barbecue Dinner on Saturday at NSL 2011
>
> ROC would like to invite everyone in attendance at NSL 2011/ROCstock 33 to
join us for a FREE semi-potluck-style barbecue dinner on Saturday night,
right in the middle of things out on the lake bed (in lieu of the
originally-planned off-site banquet). ROC will be supplying the main course
of barbecued tri-tip and chicken, free of charge.

> ROC Members Lee Scott and Richard Dierking have graciously volunteered to
organize and host the barbecue, and to cook the tri-tip and chicken for the
main course. They have run similar pot-luck dinners (at a slightly smaller
scale) at many previous ROCstocks, and their hospitality is legendary.

> Everyone is welcome, and it is NOT mandatory to bring anything but your
appetite with you. You are welcome to join us even if the only thing you can
"bring to the table" is your friendship, camaraderie, and conversation.

> However, to really make it a meal, we will be needing people to bring a
number of additional items to share:

> Appetizers
> Side dishes
> Salads
> Beverages
> Desserts
> Tables
> Chairs
> Plates and utensils
> The meal is scheduled to start at 7:00 pm, so if you're going to be
bringing anything, please plan to bring it over by 6:45 pm. Sunset is at
8:00 PM, so night launching will probably start at about 9:00 PM, after it
gets fully dark.

> If you're planning to attend, please drop a line to Lee Scott <
leescott91006@xxxxxxx> and/or Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx> to
let them know how many people are coming, whether they'll be eating tri-tip,
chicken, or both, and what (if anything) you're planning to bring.