[roc-chat] BALLS, Carmack Prize and free DATAQ for science projects

  • From: RICK MASCHEK <rickmaschek@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 22:07:39 -0700

We are going above 100,000' with our DoubleSShot but it will not be at BALLS
since we use a steel nozzle (not permitted buy Tripoli). I was hoping we could
be ready for the days between XPRS and BALLS but that isn't going to happen.I
was building a two stage sugar with graphite nozzles for the competition but
with the SugarShot being the priority, looks like I will not be ready with it
for 100,000' at BALLS. Here is something that Bryan Dierking and other students
might be interested
in:http://www.dataq.com/science-fair/science-fair-projects.html  Rick  From:
MonsieurBoo@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:08:31 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Discovery at LDRS

Hey Richard,

Since you mentioned altitude contests, you might want to consider BALLS in
September.  Carmack (and a few others) have put up a prize for a flight
>100K ft and it looks like at least a couple of competitors are going to try
for it there.  (Rick Maschek plans to be one.)  Should be a  kick.

Cheers,
Mark L.