[roc-announce] ROC's August Launch is this Saturday

  • From: Greg Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, roc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 19:20:51 -0700

Fellow ROC Members,

A quick reminder: this Saturday (August 13, 2011) is the next ROC Launch.
Projected weather conditions appear to be typical for this time of year.  As
usual, the best flying conditions prevail in the morning hours, often
deteriorating due to wind in the afternoon; current forecast is for
southwesterly winds and little or no cloud cover.  So plan to arrive and fly
early if possible.  Portable toilets should be delivered on site by Friday
evening for the convenience of those camping overnight.

It's August, so be prepared for high temperatures. The current forecast calls
for clear skies, with high temperatures in the upper 90's and overnight lows in
the mid 60's.  Be sure to bring (and drink) plenty of water to avoid
dehydration, and wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunblock to avoid getting burned.

The club trailer should be on-site at about 7:00 AM on Saturday ready to start
setting up the range.  The more help we have, the quicker things will go, and
the sooner we can start launching, so please plan on coming out early to help
if possible!

Overnight camping is allowed as usual, but be sure to keep all campfires in
above-ground containers to comply with BLM rules, and pack your ashes and wood
debris out with you when you leave.  Let's always try to leave the playa a
little cleaner than we found it.

Let's fly rockets!  We'll see you on the lake bed!

Greg Lyzenga
ROC Vice President - NAR #13295 / Tripoli #12088